These crispy cauliflower chips have just two ingredients and make a delicious low-carb and keto-friendly snack or side dish. These baked chips come out light and crispy and can be customized with your favorite seasonings if you choose. Some even consider this better than store-bought!
2 cups (216 grams) finely riced cauliflower
1 cup (100 grams) freshly grated parmesan cheese
ground black pepper or other seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Make sure and cook riced cauliflower until tender. Cook the cauliflower in the microwave for about two and a half minutes but you can also steam it on the stove.
- Working with small batches, use a cheesecloth or something similar in cloth to squeeze the excess liquid out of the cauliflower. When done, you should be left with around 1 loose cup of cauliflower (measured after you spread out the dried cauliflower) or approximately 98 grams.
- Add in the cheese with the dried cauliflower. Mix it until the ingredients are evenly combined. Your mixture should be crumbly.
- Using a 1.5 tbsp cookie scoop, scoop up mixture and place onto a prepared baking sheet, spread 2 ½ inches apart. Using the back of a spoon, spread the mixture so that it forms flat circles. You want the circles to be thin, about 1/8 inch thick but make sure that you don’t spread the mixture so thin that there are gaps or holes. Be sure to repeat with the remaining of the mixture.
- The chips need to be baked for about 10-12 minutes or until the tops are golden and edges are dark brown. Watch the chips carefully towards the end of the baking to make sure they don’t burn. Then let the chips cool on a baking sheet (which will give them time to set) before removing.
In this recipe, fresh cauliflower is used. It is processed through a food processor until it is finely diced. The recipe has not been tried with frozen cauliflower. It may work but you would really need to make sure all the moisture is removed. The reason being is frozen cauliflower contains more moisture than fresh cauliflower.
Freshly grated parmesan cheese is also used with this recipe. The parmesan cheese is what creates a crispy texture for these cauliflower crisps. When baked, the cheese becomes crispy which then the chips become crispy. This recipe has not been tested with the shelf-stable parmesan cheese.
This beautiful recipe thanks to kirbiecravings.com.
<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-9407916023191056" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>
Copy code snippet